Garjiya Devi Temple is located at a distance of 12 km from Ramnagar, in the Garjiya village, Uttarakhand, India near the Jim Corbett National Park. The temple is situated over a large astound in the Kosi River (Kaushiki River) and is Nainital’s one of the most famous temples. Earlier the temple was unknown till the year 1940 to the world but now a days the uncountable number of devotees has been increased. It is believed that the astound on which the temple is situated, had moved down due the flood in river Kosi.
Inside of the temple
A tall idol of Devi Girija (appro. 4.5 feet tall) along with other idols of Lord Ganesha, Batuk Bhairava and Devi Saraswati are situated in the temple. It is believed that any devotee who offers pray to Devi has to worship to Bhairava, without which the offerings would be incomplete. Within the temple premises, there is a temple of Lord Laxmi-Narayan also located. The idols situated inside this temple were found during the time of excavation here.
The temple is known as the festival of lights of the gods.
How to reach there
The temple is only 12 kms away from Ramnagar by road.